What cosmetic dentistry consists of:
Too often, people assume that cosmetic dentistry is only for vain individuals looking for an impossibly perfect smile. For some people, maybe a gorgeous Anne Hathaway grin is all the motivation they need. But cosmetic dentistry can do far more than brighten up your smile. It has the power to change lives.
Not everyone is born with a perfect set of teeth, and not everyone was taught proper oral care growing up. Some people’s smiles are ruined by accidents or disease, and some are just cursed by bad genes. These are the people whom cosmetic dentistry was created to help.
Do you avoid smiling as often as you’d like because of how insecure you are about your smile? Do you keep your mouth shut at work or at parties because you’re embarrassed about your teeth? Have you ever been passed over for a job or a date because of your smile’s appearance? It’s not always polite to talk about it, but the truth is that our appearance has a major impact on the way we live our lives. It affects our self-esteem and self-confidence significantly. Consequently, big improvements in our smile can lead to big improvements in our lifestyle!
Cosmetic dentistry like the kind practiced here at Discover Dental’s office in the Houston Heights uses many of the same tools as restorative dentistry, such as dental crowns and dental implants. It goes beyond simply restoring teeth’s proper function, however. The focus of cosmetic dentistry is to make teeth look better than ever before, too.
Here are the tools we use:
- Lumineers: Lumineers are thin, porcelain shells that are custom-made to repair crooked, chipped, broken, discolored, and even misaligned teeth.
- Crowns: Dental crowns are used to improve the appearance, shape, function, and even alignment of damaged teeth. They’re color-matched to your natural teeth so as to seem invisible.
- Bonding: Bonding is a more attractive way to fix or prevent decayed, chipped, fractured, and discolored teeth.
- Invisalign: Invisalign is an orthodontic system that moves teeth into their proper position, correcting malocclusions and improving the appearance of your smile.
- Implants: Missing teeth? We can help! Implants are essentially artificial teeth that are bonded to a titanium screw that’s inserted directly into your jaw.
- Dentures: Severe dental problems can still be corrected with dentures. Partial dentures and full sets are removable for easier maintenance.
- Teeth whitening: Discover Dental offers more predictable and professional teeth-whitening than any kit you can buy at the store.
Cosmetic dentistry doesn’t have to cost a fortune or involve a complex procedure. Cosmetic dentistry is anything positive that increases your confidence in your smile and provides both emotional and physical health benefits. Are you ready to learn more about how cosmetic dentistry could change your life for the better? Contact Discover Dental today! We’re conveniently located in the Heights, and we help patients Discover their perfect smile all the time!