Summer is in full swing! With all the festivals, concerts, and activities happening all around us, it’s easy to neglect the foods that are not only good for us, but that can also help our smiles shine brighter! Here are just a few foods that won’t ruin your teeth during the summer holidays:
- Water: Water, much like saliva, helps to wash sugars and acid off the teeth. Water also contains fluoride, which helps to prevent erosion of the enamel.
- Dairy: Foods high in calcium, such as dairy products, are essential for healthy teeth. Calcium rich foods help to strengthen tooth enamel.
- High-Fiber Foods: Foods that have a high fiber content like leafy vegetables, help to promote good digestion and healthy cholesterol levels. And because they require a good amount of chewing, they work wonders for your teeth!
- Strawberries: Already in season for summer, strawberries provide a natural enamel whitener for your teeth. With that being said, however, don’t forget to floss! The small strawberry seeds can easily get trapped in your teeth.
- Sugarless Gum: Chewing a sugarless gum increases the flow of saliva, which is a natural antimicrobial and helps to prevent against tooth decay.