Summer is here and it’s time to get outside and get moving! Here are just a few of our favorite things to do for the summer!
- See a concert: Concerts are an essential part of the summer holiday season. With festivals happening all the time and your favorite artists and performers coming in and out of town, concerts make for an excellent opportunity to get out of the house and get on your feet!
- Run a marathon: Marathons are a great way to get off the couch this summer and get moving. Opportunities like the Heights Fun Run give participants the option to donate, as well as offering a modified marathon for children to participate in.
- Go to the movies: Seeing a movie is a fun and relaxing way to enjoy summer fun without having to be out in the heat. Many cinemas offer discounts for children, as well as modified prices on certain days during the summer season.
- Enjoy a day at the museum: Going to an exhibit at a museum provides another fun way to get away from the blistering heat. Much like seeing a movie during the summer holidays, many museums offer children’s discounts and even have free days during the workweek.
- Spend a day at the beach: It wouldn’t be the summer without spending ample time on the beach. Whether you’re laying out on the sand or wading out in the sea, the beach is an instant playground for summertime fun!